March 27th just became a very big day in mobile. The main flagship releases from two of the smartphone industry’s biggest heavy hitters will be available to purchase (in some capacity) as soon as tonight.
For HTC, they will allow you to purchase the unlocked version of the HTC One M9 on their website starting at Midnight Eastern. Meanwhile, Samsung’s Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge will be at Best Buy and all major carrier stores for demo and pre-sale tomorrow morning.
This, folks, is D-Day. No, not doomsday (though that could very well happen, too), but Decision Day. Are you going with the Samsung Galaxy S6 or the HTC One M9? It’ll be a tough decision for many, though we’re sure a good deal of you already have your minds made up.
On the fence still? Perhaps some of these early previews, feature blowouts and hands-on experiences will give you a better idea of which one is worth your money.
Samsung Galaxy S6
- Everything you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy S6 (and Edge)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5
- Hands-on with the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- How Edge display notifications work on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Other cool Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge display features
- Samsung Galaxy S6 camera samples compared to iPhone 6, optical image stabilization, and a look at Pro Mode
- The Samsung Galaxy S6’s iPhone-like fingerprint scanner
- Samsung Galaxy S6’s much-improved speakers
- Speed Test: How fast is the Samsung Galaxy S6?
- Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge cases and accessories
HTC One M9
- HTC One M9 vs HTC One M8
- How to create custom themes on the HTC One M9 (see all of the themes here)
- How you can customize the navigation bar on the HTC One M9
- HTC One M9’s front facing camera vs the iPhone 6
- Hands-on with HTC’s next-gen Dot View cases for the HTC One M9
And you can’t forget the big head to head comparison of the two juggernauts: here’s a tale-of-the-tape look at the Samsung Galaxy S6 vs the HTC One M9. Our reviews for both devices will be along soon enough so be sure to stay on the lookout for those if you need a hard verdict.
So it comes down to tomorrow, March 27th: which one are you going to buy? The poll below is waiting for your vote, and we also wouldn’t mind hearing your reasoning no matter which way you decide to go (even if you don’t plan to buy either one). Sound off!