To go with the open approach to the OUYA console, the company has teamed with MakerBot to offer users the chance to customize the look of their Android-based gaming system using the Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer. Bad ass.
MakerBot has created the necessary .stl files to functionally fit the innards of the OUYA, but what intrepid designers do with the enclosure is up to them. All the files necessary to completely customize the 3D model and send to a printer are provided.
The one catch is you will need to own an expensive 3D printer or at least have access to one. Thankfully, there are quite a few companies offering 3D printing services, so the project is feasibly affordable. Head over to the Thingiverse page for all the details.
- OUYA All Access game pass revealed
- Madcatz MOJO to get OUYA software update
- Ouya updated with 16GB storage, revised contr
- Is OUYA in trouble? Original founder and VP o
- Check out the OUYA forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.