A new rumor claims that Google and ASUS are currently working on a new version of their Nexus 7, one that will put the original’s $199 price tag to shame. According to a report from Digitimes, Google will launch a $99 version of the Nexus 7 alongside an updated, thinner $199 slate. Both tablets will feature HannStar Display panels, but little else is known about how hardware specs will shape up.
If Google manage to release a sub-$100 tablet providing a similar experience and quality to the original Nexus 7, the entire industry will be flipped on its head. If sales of the Nexus 7 are any indication of what an approachable price tag will do, just imagine the adoption rate for a name-brand tablet that costs a fifth of the price of an iPad. If these rumors pan out, we could see the result of Google’s strategy by the end of the year.
- Google bans user testimonials in Play Store listings
- Google issuing refunds for unauthorized in-app purchases
- Pink Floyd TDSOTM only 99 cents on Google Play
- Google auto deducting VAT tax for apps sold in Europe
- Check out the Nexus 7 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Google Play, Nexus, Nexus 7