The wait is finally over. If you haven’t already jumped the gun and grabbed it up last night before Sprint yanked it down, then you can bet that you’ll have all the chances in the world here: Sprint’s officially distributed the Android 2.1 update to every Samsung Moment owner on their official support site.
You can head over there now for a PDF file you’ll want to look at regarding how to update the phone (it includes instructions for backing up your data and installing the new update as it’ll wipe your phone clean). You can also find the other files you’ll need to go ahead and update. As usual, if you’re not on a Windows-based machine (or aren’t dualbooting on your Mac) then you’ll need to get this done at a Sprint store or find someone with a Windows machine that can help you.
Software update for the Samsung Moment
Enhance the features and capabilities of your Samsung Moment with this software update, including 2.1 Android update.
This update includes:
2.1 Android update (Éclair).
Keypad backlight optimization.
Bulk Bluetooth contact push.
Various Bluetooth fixes.
Increased speed and performance.
Swipe to Unlock/Mute/Speakerphone.
New camera features
Please follow these steps below to ensure your device is updated correctly:
1. Uninstall the existing Samsung USB drivers on your computer if they are version 4.40 or earlier. Follow these instructions to uninstall the proper files.
2. Once you’ve restarted your computer from the driver uninstall, follow these step-by-step instructions to ensure a successful update.
Software Version: S:M900.8.OS.DE03
PC Requirements: Windows 2000-SP4, Windows XP-SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- King of Thieves for Android
- Note 3 in India gets Lollipop
- Huawei Nexus Phone
- LG planning new flagship
- Check out the Samsung Moment forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Moment