One of the upsides of using apps like Zoom is that it’s pretty easy to create a link that you can share with other users so that they can join an ongoing video call quickly and easily. On WhatsApp, it used to be quite a chore, especially if you’re looking to create a call without having to create a brand new group each time.
The good news is that WhatsApp has since rolled out its call link feature. This basically creates a shareable link that users can share with other users so that they can join a call just by clicking on the link. If you think that this is a useful feature and want to take advantage of it, it’s actually really easy and here’s how it works.
Create a WhatsApp call link
- Launch WhatsApp
- Tap on the “Calls” tab in the app
- At the top of the “Calls” tab page, tap on “Create call link”
- You can now choose whether you want to make it a video or voice call
- Copy the link
- Paste it in a chat or email and you’re done
Keep in mind that anyone with the link is able to join the call. At the moment WhatsApp does not appear to have any kind of privacy restrictions in place for who can join calls, so make sure that the people you’re sharing the link with are your intended recipients, otherwise it could lead to some awkward situations where random strangers might end up hopping onto your video or voice call.
- How to use WhatsApp Status
- How to delete and unsend WhatsApp text messages
- How to download and install WhatsApp stickers
- How to hide your WhatsApp online status
- How to view and share your WhatsApp QR code