Pretty much all streaming platforms offer users the ability to enable subtitles. There are a variety of reasons for this, such as not understanding the language spoken in the show, or for accessibility reasons where some people might have some kind of hearing impairment and they need subtitles to understand what’s going on.
For the most part, the subtitles on Netflix are fine in terms of its formatting, but in case you feel that it might actually be too small to see properly, or if the show you’re watching has colors that make the subtitles less obvious, you can actually change it and it’s really quick and easy, so here’s how.
Change Netflix subtitles formatting
- Log into Netflix on the web and go to your Account settings
- Under “Profile & Parental Controls”, look for “Subtitle appearance” and click “Change”
- You can now make changes to the way subtitles are displayed by adjusting the text size, adding a background or a window, adding drop shadow, choosing the font type and font color, and more
- When you’re done, click “Save” and the changes will be applied
Take note that according to Netflix, all the changes made to the subtitles will be applied on all supported devices, meaning that if you watch Netflix on the desktop app, mobile app, or on your smart TV, these changes will be applied across all of them.
Unfortunately, the only way to make these changes is through the web which means that if you’re watching on your smartphone, you’ll either need to access your Netflix’s account settings through your mobile browser or make the changes on your computer first and then relaunch the app to see the changes.
- How to play Netflix Games on Android
- How to view, download, and hide your Netflix watch history
- How to host a Netflix Watch Party with your friends
- How to cancel your Netflix subscription
- How to unlock Netflix shows & movies from other countries