Blu has announced a new smartphone that offers a pretty decent value proposition for its cost. It’s the Blu Life Pure XL, which is a 5.5-inch 1080p device with a pretty significant spec sheet. It’ll come in at a base of $350, offering you the following internals:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at 2.2GHz
- 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage
- 16 megapixel rear camera with 8 megapixel front camera
- NFC, WiFi AC, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0
- 2,500mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (upgradeable to Android 4.4 KitKat)
You can get the same exact phone with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage if you’re willing to pay $50 more. Software wise there won’t be a ton going on here, though unique unlocking features — such as double tap to wake and the ability to draw gestures while the phone is in sleep mode to launch into specific apps — add a bit of flare.
The 32GB + 3GB of RAM configuration was supposed to be available starting today on Amazon, though the listing has yet to pop up as of the time of this writing. You’ll be able to grab it in black whenever it does, though, with the white option coming along for the ride in just seven days.
Interested in the 2GB of RAM + 16GB of storage option? That won’t be here until June, unfortunately, so it’s up to you to decide if the extra bit of internal juice is worth another $50.
Of course, nothing has come close to beating the value proposition of the OnePlus One, but Blu’s immediate availability of their device could make a difference for some. We’ll be updating this post with a link to the Amazon listing if it pops up later today.
[via PR Newswire]
- Line Art Wallpaper
- OnePlus event scheduled for April 20th
- More Sony Xperia Z4 renders from Sony Pictures hack exposed
- T-Mobile gives Walmart plans a data increase
TAGS: Blu Life Pure XL