It’s long been rumored that Samsung is planning release a higher-end Galaxy device later this year dubbed the “ Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime.” This model will, according to rumors, feature a more premium aluminum body, 2K display, and 3GB of RAM — likely in an attempt at 1-uping one of the year’s biggest smartphone releases: the Apple iPhone 6.
Seems no matter how much Samsung denies the Prime’s existence, the phone continues making small appearances online. This time, an alleged SM-G906S/K has popped up in a shipping manifest in India, believed to the be a regional variant of the Samsung SM-G906S (Galaxy S5 Prime). Four of these devices shipped out of South Korea for “R&D purposes,” but other than that, not much else is revealed.
Taking a look at the SM-G906S that recently made an appearance in a GFXBench, this alleged Galaxy S5 Prime — which could carry an entirely different product name — could feature the following specs:
Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime specs
- 5.2-inch 2560×1440 display
- 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 quad-core processor with Adreno 420 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB of storage
- 16 MP rear/ 2MP front-facing camera
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
For some, these specs are exactly what they expected the Galaxy S5 to launch with and could be the reason why Samsung is being so tight lipped on the project. Releasing a more premium version of your flagship device during the same year likely wouldn’t sit well with customers, especially after they purchased the “regular” Galaxy S5.
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Android 5.0.2 factory images now available fo
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- T-Mobile’s other Super Bowl plans inclu
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.