Owners of the Motorola Moto X and Verizon’s newest DROID phones will be happy to know that the company’s gallery app has been put into the Google Play Store. This allows them to deliver updates to it without having to upgrade the entire firmware, and that first upgrade is already here.
We’re treated to a brand new user interface that is more in line with the latest design guidelines. It doesn’t look all that different from how photos and videos are presented in the Google+ and Google Drive apps. You’ll still be seeing a grid-based interface, and a left sidebar makes way for new sections such as Camera Roll, Timeline and Albums.
Everything else is pretty much standard affair, with basic editing and sharing options for those who need them. Be sure to find it in the Google Play Store and upgrade as soon as possible.
- Moto G2 with removable battery cover shown in leaked photos
- Deal: free wooden Moto X back
- Leak: Moto X+1 vs Moto X size comparison
- AT&T Moto X gets Android 4.4.4, Sprint model receives soak test
- Check out the Motorola Moto X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola DROID Ultra forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.