If you cannot afford $1,500 for Google Glass or are an International Participant you are still eligible. In the event you win, we’ll substitute the Glass Invite with a $50 Google Play Gift Card and donate your invite to one random Android Forums member from this thread.
We first reviewed Google Glass in May but interest in the wearable tech hasn’t slowed down since the product was first announced and Sergey Brin jumped out of a plane to illustrate it’s features. In just the past few days, despite the relentless churn of Nexus 5 rumors, Glass has demanded some limelight: floating retail store rumors surfaced, new hardware announcements were made, Glass earbuds unveiled with a full accessory shop, and we even saw cops ticketing people for driving with Glass.
But our favorite announcement has been Google giving each Glass Explorer the opportunity to invite 3 new Explorers to the program. Three Phandroid members are Glass Explorers – Rob Jackson (my Google+), Chris Chavez (Google+), and Steve Albright (Google+) – which makes a total of 9 Google Glass Invites at our disposal.
Nothing would give us more joy than to pass this opportunity along to the people that make Phandroid and Android Forums what they are… YOU! So today, we’re announcing that all 9 of these invites will be given away in what we’re calling “The Great American Glass Contest”.
The Great American Glass Contest
Starting today, we’ll post a contest every day for 9 straight days, updating the status of each contest as we go. Some contests may be completely random, others may require creativity. Some contests may be “first to post”, others may allow multiple entries for several days. The general schedule is below, but as usual, checking into Phandroid every day provides you the best chance at winning (and succeeding in life).
- Day 1: Nexus 5 Forum Frenzy (Contest open through Nov 4th)
- Day 2: Photoshop contest
- Day 3: Rafflecopter #1
- Day 4: #GlassPhan contest
- Day 5: Rafflecopter #2
- Day 6: Developer Appreciation Contests
- Day 7: On your mark. Get set…
- Day 8: Mystery Word Hunt
- Day 9: AF Staff Appreciation
Day 1 Contest: Nexus 5 Forum Frenzy
- Visit Android Forums and if you haven’t already, sign up for a free account
- Head over to our Nexus 5 Forum
- Engage in conversation, making at least 5 meaningful posts in the Nexus 5 Forum (Ex: “Thanks” and “I agree” do not count as posts)
- At least one of these posts must be a New Thread. (If you’re already signed up and logged in you can create a new thread by clicking here.)
- We’ll look at the Top 10 threads based on internal metrics (pageviews, likes, thanks, G+, etc…) and choose one winner at random from this pool of finalists
- Entry requirements must be met by November 4th, 2013 at 11:59PM Eastern
- Winner will be announced on November 5th, 2013 on Phandroid.com
- Winner will be contacted through the e-mail address provided during forum registration
- Winner may NOT provide an alternate e-mail address to submit for Google Glass invite unless otherwise noted or agreed upon by Phandroid staff
Follow these Google+ accounts to get an early heads up when contest posts will soon be going live and additional hints at how to improve your chances of winning.
Contest Rules & Requirements
- Must be 18+ or older
- International applicants and those unwilling or unable to spend $1,500 can still enter to win, but their Glass Invite will be substituted with a $50 Google Play Store gift card and their Glass invite donated to a random established forum member from this thread.
- To receive Glass invite, winners must be a US resident.
- To receive Glass invite, winners must provide a US shipping address.
- To receive Glass invite, winners must provide a valid E-Mail address directly associated with contest entry.
- Winners will have 24 hours to respond to the winning notification e-mail. If staff have not received a response and/or proper Glass Invite submission information furnished within 24 hours, Phandroid staff may elect to disqualify this entrant and name another winner
- Winners must prove that the E-Mail address provided for submission to the Glass Invite system is owned and maintained by the winner. Transfer or Sale of winning invite is not authorized and any attempt to do so will result in disqualification.
Contest Terms of Service:
- Contest winners are not guaranteed Google Glass hardware, they are only guaranteed that Phandroid staff will submit the furnished E-Mail address to Google’s automated invite system for current Google Glass Explorers.
- By entering this contest, entrants understand agree that Phandroid is only responsible for submitting the winners e-mail address through the Google Glass Invite system and beyond this measure, no promises or guarantees can or will be made.
- In the event that Google removes, changes, edits, disqualifies, limits, or in any way alters their Glass Invite process to prevent Phandroid.com from submitting invites or fulfilling invites, entrants shall hold Phandroid.com and Neverstill Media harmless
- Phandroid reserves the right to disqualify entrants at sole discretion of Phandroid staff, for reasons including but not limited to: attempting to “game” the contest, spamming contest posts/threads, creating multiple accounts, demeaning or trolling competing entries, using automated systems to improve chances, etc…
- By entering this promotion, participants agree, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, to release, discharge and hold harmless Neverstill Media, its affiliates, respective owners, and representatives from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses which may arise out of participation in this promotion or out of the acceptance, use, or misuse of prizes. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges whose decisions shall be deemed final and binding.
What are you waiting for? Head on over to the Nexus 5 Forum and get your awesome on!
- Details on new Google Glass build surface
- Next-gen Google Glass spotted at the FCC
- Google could be working on a family of Glass products
- Google Glass 2 is coming soon, already plans for version 3
TAGS: Google Glass