It appears T-Mobile is getting ready to push a maintenance upgrade out to owners of the Samsung Galaxy S II. Ice Cream Sandwich it is not, but there’s not much to complain about when a device is receiving attention for bug fixes and minor enhancements. And who knows? Perhaps this could be a preparatory update. (Don’t get your hopes up, though.)
The update, which will bring users up to firmware T989UVLDE is said to fix random reboots and power-offs, improve device stability, Googles security fixes, and a Qualcomm chip patch (whatever that means). The update was approved December 14th, 2011 so this one’s been in the pipeline for quite some time. It still hasn’t rolled out yet, though, and it will roll out until June 22nd whenever T-Mobile decides to pull the trigger. Keep a lookout for the notification that should hopefully make its way to your phone between now and then. [via TmoNews]
- The PhonePad+ turns your Samsung smartphones
- T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile Galaxy S2 get Jell
- Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 will reportedly
- AOKP Android 4.2 Build 3 update brings suppor
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S2