As if we didn’t already have enough to look forward to, images have leaked of three new motorola handsets that should be headed to Verizon at some point in the future. With their releases just about a year behind, the Motorola DROID 2 and Droid X are looking to get their successors in the Droid 3 (pictured above) and Droid X 2 (pictured below).
While we are still unsure what phone Sam’s Club was talking about, new information points to the Droid X 2 in fact have a dual-core chip and qHD display, though a 4G LTE radio is said to be absent. The same goes for the Droid 3 along with a prerequisite improved keyboard.
The device we are most interested in, however, is the previously unheard of Motorola Targa. The Targa, unlike the Droid 3 and Droid X 2, will support 4G LTE and looks like it could get a beefed up camera sensor. The shape reminds us of a hybrid of the Motorola XT720 and original Droid X.
With the release of the Motorola DROID BIONIC coming sometime in late spring, it looks to be quite a jam-packed summer for Verizon’s Droid lineup.
[Update]: And here’s one more shot of the DROID 3′s keyboard fully exposed. Not much is different from the DROID 2 here. [via Droid-Life]
- Motorola updates ICS upgrade roadmap, Droid R
- Verizon posts changelog for Droid 3 update, 2
- Verizon Wireless Sale: Droid 3, X2, Incredibl
- Motorola DROID 3 Soak Test Begins
- Check out the Motorola DROID 3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola Targa forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.