Fire Emblem Heroes is Nintendo’s Best-Performing Mobile Game


Nintendo’s foray into the mobile gaming scene has been an interesting prospect, to say the least. While the company continues to perform well with its first-party hardware and software, it’s taken a bit of time for the Japanese gaming giant to establish a foothold in the mobile gaming landscape. As such, a new report from research and analytics firm Sensor Tower shows some interesting data about the company’s mobile games and their market performance.

More specifically, the report shows data based on global player spending within Nintendo’s mobile app offerings. Leading the pack is Fire Emblem Heroes, the company’s strategy/gacha role-playing game, surpassing $1 billion in lifetime global player spending (the game was originally launched back in 2017). According to the report, the game is the first Nintendo game to top the record.

The game was the company’s top revenue-earner during Q1 2022, earning more than $29 million as a result of global player spending, despite only generating 121,000 new downloads during the quarter.

As more statistics show, Fire Emblem Heroes is rather popular in Japan, generating $540.6 million in the country, or 54% of revenue. The US follows with 32.4% of revenue, while Canada comes in third place with 3.2%.

A majority of revenue from the game comes from Google Play, with $583.7 million, or 58.3%. The other 41.7% comes from the App Store, which accounts for $417.3 million of player spending.

Source: Sensor Tower

Mike Viray
A writer and content creator with a love for tech and music, Mike is also an avid gamer as well. He and his wife are big fans of Mario Kart.

Android 12 Update Headed for Samsung Galaxy M11

Previous article

SwitchBot Curtain Rod 2 means there’s one less thing for you to do in the mornings

Next article

You may also like


Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Apps