Here it is, folks — our first look at the supposed HTC One M10 (AKA Perfume). The benefactor of this leak was none other than Evan Blass, who had been teasing for a while now that he had this.
His initial suggestion was that those who liked the HTC One A9 would love the HTC One M10, which we took to mean that it could look similar and will obviously have higher tier specs.
This particular photo doesn’t show much in regards to the first point, but we do see that HTC is going with a design language similar to the affordable handset launched late last year. We also see the fingerprint scanner, the first time we’ve seen one on HTC’s main flagship (there was a variant of the HTC One M9 which had one, but it only launched in limited regions).
Here are some of the details we learned about the HTC One M10 in Blass’s previous report:
- The HTC One M10 will have a 5.1-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440) display.
- The rear camera is a 12MP UltraPixel sensor, and both the rear and front sensors will have optical image stabilization.
- Inside is a Snapdragon 820 chipset, 4GB of RAM and at least 32GB of storage (which can be expanded via microSD).
- There’s a home button that doubles as a fingerprint scanner.
- Boomsound speakers are likely gone.
- It’ll ship with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and Sense 8.0.
It’s all sounding like a winner on paper, but we’ll obviously have to wait for more details before we can credit HTC with a homerun.