Despite a little security snafu a few weeks back, we still think Cerberus is one of the better security applications on the Google Play Store. To celebrate their 3rd birthday — and their new 2.5 update — Cerberus is giving free licenses to users who install their app over the next 30 hours.
Simply sign up for a new account, and you’ll receive an email notifying that the license for your account has been activated for free, for life. For those unaware, Cerberus offers a little more functionality than Android Device Manager alone. Here’s the feature list:
- Remote control through the website www.cerberusapp.com
- Remote control via text messages
- SIM Checker (for devices that have a SIM card): you will automatically receive alerts if someone uses your phone with an unauthorized SIM card
Remote control allows you to perform many operations on your device, like:
- Locate and track it
- Start a loud alarm, even if the device is set to silent mode
- Wipe the internal memory and the SD card
- Hide Cerberus from the app drawer
- Lock the device with a code
- Record audio from the microphone
- Get a list of last calls sent and received
- Get information about network and operator the device is connected to
- And much more!
The application can be installed on up to 5 devices, and there’s even a client app should you need to locate your phone from another Android device. Root users enjoy the added benefit of the application surviving a full factory reset. If you care about your smartphone, you’d do well do give Cerberus a try. The promotion ends April 26th, at 6AM (GMT) so get to downloading while you can.
- Cerberus for Android hacked
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus press renders leaked
- OnePlus 2 experience tents bring in crowds of people
- Sony Xperia C5 Ultra and Xperia M5 leak ahead