A couple of AT&T devices are being admitted to the Android 4.4 KitKat ward today, with the LG G Flex and the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active being pegged for the upgrade. Both upgrades will bring the typical KitKat features you’ve come to know and love (read all about it right here), but there are a couple of slight differences for each one.
The LG G Flex’s notes say to expect restyled status and navigation bars, battery performance improvements, and enhanced processing speed. The S4 Active, on the other hand, brings enhanced music access from the lock screen, camera access from the lock screen, a tweaked location menu, wireless printing and new sound controls.
So how do you get it? There are different paths to take depending on which phone you have:
- LG G Flex: Settings > General tab > About phone > Software update > Update now
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active: Settings > More > About device > Software update > Check for Updates
And no matter which phone you have, it’s always a good idea to hop onto a WiFi network and charge your battery to at least 50% before getting started.
- Unlocked HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 + EYE Experience tomorrow
- HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 and EYE Experience in Europe
- Verizon HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.3 on Wednesday 9/10
- Verizon HTC One M7 receiving Android 4.4.3 this week
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the LG G Flex forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.