New to the Google Play Store is the official Family Guy video game from TinyCo. The game features your favorite TV show family, the Griffins, doing what they do best… mayhem.
The story begins with the Griffins attending a town meeting to find out why the Family Guy TV show has gotten cancelled (again). There, they find out it was nothing more than an elaborate plot by Chicken to exact his revenge on Peter Griffin. Another epic battle ensues, and when the dust clears, the city of Quahog is left in ruins. That’s where you, the player, comes in.
Played in an over-head top view, we’d be lying if we said it didn’t remind us of the Simpsons: Tapped Out. You tap to perform actions with Peter, completing mission quests to find the rest of your family, and rebuild the town. Because, yes, this is a freemium title, there are two types of currency: coins and clams. Coins are given as rewards for rebuilding houses and buildings, while clams are a little tougher to come by (and can be acquired via in-app purchases, ie: real money).
Features? Well, the game has a quite a few:
- It’s Free! Freakin’ free? Freakin’ sweet!
- Create a living Quahog that fits enjoyably in your pants
- Unlock hilarious outfits for your characters like Mermaid Peter, Bikini-Clad Quagmire, and Rambo Lois
- Send your characters on ridiculous quests
- Keep Quahog safe from pirates, evil chickens, and other invasions
- Peterfy your town with decorations such as The Petercopter, The Peterdactyl, and The Hindenpeter
- Unlock hundreds of brand new and classic animations
Craziest part is the game has been translated to French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese — although we’re not sure how well the humor translates. Because the game’s dialog comes from the writers of the Family Guy show, you’re sure to have a good chuckle every now and again. You can download the Family Guy game via the Play Store link below.
Download on Google Play: Family Guy
- Motorola DROID Turbo leaked in the flesh
- Google Wallet’s upcoming ad campaign ho
- Happy Birthday G1!
- Note 4 dev edition for VZW
TAGS: com.tinyco.familyguy, Family Guy