T-Mobile’s Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is one of the last in the US to get Jelly Bean, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be any sweeter for people to finally get their hands on the upgrade. It seems the first user reports are rolling in regarding a possible rollout to Jelly Bean for the tablet. It’s said to be bringing the device up to Android 4.1.2, with baseband version T779UVTMC1 and build JZ054K.T779UVTMC1.
We haven’t seen anything official from T-Mobile just yet, but if you’re feeling up to the task then be sure to charge your tablet to at least 50%, turn on WiFi and see if you can pull this one down from the Settings > About Tablet menu. We’ll be hitting Magenta up for an official statement to see if this is just a one-off mistake or if the upgrade is finally ready to go out to the masses.
[via T-Mobile, Thanks Julie!]
- AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 J
- Sprint Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 gets Jelly Bean 4.1.
- Android 4.1 available for Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Apple wants to add six more significant Samsu
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.