After a select group of Motorola DROID RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX users received a Christmas gift in the form of Android 4.1.2, the update ceased without explanation. We can’t say for sure why Motorola halted the software upgrade, but we now have confirmation that Motorola plans to deliver Jelly Bean to all users of the RAZR and RAZR MAXX sometime in Q1 of this year.
The news was posted to the comments section of a post touting Jelly Bean for the Droid RAZR M on the Motorola Facebook page. No specifics were offered as to when exactly in Q1 we can expect to see the Android 4.1 update begin anew. We’re in Q1 now, so Jelly Bean could touch down as soon as tomorrow or as late as March. Let’s hope the latter isn’t the case.
If a major bug was discovered at the last minute, it could be a while before we see the update reach handsets. On the other hand, if the software only needed a few minor tweaks expect it much sooner.
[via Facebook | Thanks, Dave!]
- Android version breakdown for June 2014
- Android 4.3 for EVO 4G LTE [DOWNLOAD]
- Android distribution numbers show Jelly Bean
- HTC confirms EVO 4G LTE’s Android 4.3 J
- Check out the Motorola DROID RAZR forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.