There’s an old saying: “Better late than never.” Seems LG is embracing that old adage after finally releasing the Ice Cream Sandwich source code for the LG Optimus 2X SU660 (Korean version). The device is one of few ever to see a firmware jump from Froyo, to Gingerbread, and now after 2 years… Ice Cream Sandwich.
What does this mean for you? Well, if you’re into the hacking and modding of your phone, you can now expect (hopefully) fully functional AOSP ROMs to begin popping up around the various Android forums for the international version of the 2X. But it’s not just Optimus 2X users who are rejoicing, those with T-Mobile G2X’s are hopeful that ROM devs will be able to cook something up for their devices as well, though that still remains to be seen. Either way, I’m happy for you guys. It’s long overdue. Oh, and good job, LG. You did the right thing.
- Android L vs Ice Cream Sandwich: Google Desig
- Android version breakdown for June 2014
- Jelly Bean now running on 28.4% of active And
- LG Thrill 4G getting Ice Cream Sandwich
- Check out the LG Optimus 2X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.