It seems Sony is always one step behind the curve lately, releasing flagship devices like the Xperia S with specs that fall short of what users have come to expect from a high-end device. But that might be changing soon, as the latest leaked device from the Japanese electronics firm looks to go toe-to-toe with the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC One X. Given model number LT30p and dubbed the Sony Xperia “Mint”, the new phone sports a 720p HD display (said to be 4.3-inches, though a comparison to the GS3 suggests it may be bigger), a 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, and a 13MP camera.
The phone surpasses that of the upcoming Xperia GX, which has up to know boasted the most robust feature set of any Sony handset this year. The Xperia Mint is rumored to debut at IFA, so the only question remaining is when it will reach the general public and if it will launch in time to challenge competitors on an even playing field.
- More Xperia Mint/Xperia T photos surface
- Star Wars: KOTOR now available for Android
- PSA: Some people have $20 Google Play Store c
- Gift-a-Day Giveaway Winners
- Check out the Sony Xperia Mint forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.