The Sony Xperia Ion was announced at the beginning of the year, but entering the halfway point of 2012 we still don’t have a solid release date. Signs point to June, and a trip the halls of the FCC further suggests a release next month. AT&T LTE is here with support for the 700MHz and 1700MHz bands. 3G support is present for AT&T’s standard 850MHz and 1900MHz bands, but a 1700MHz allotment is a bit of an anomaly. That frequency is typical to T-Mobile, but likely has little to do with the two carriers’ failed merger attempt. The label says Sony Ericsson, and this will likely be one of the last releases to feature the branding.
- Hands-on: Sony Xperia M4 Aqua
- Google Play Services 7.0 details
- Hands-on: LG Watch Urbane
- Galaxy S6’s OIS vs. the iPhone 6
- Check out the Sony Xperia Ion forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Xperia Ion