Though there has been no official statement from AT&T, some HTC Vivid owners have been able to pull what appears to be release-ready Ice Cream Sandwich update to their devices by performing a simple dialer trick. Calling *#*#682#*#* will ping the servers hosting the file and initiate a push to the handset. Some users have had to wait a bit for the update to show after dialing the number above. Others have had no success in updating the Vivid.
The build is slightly fresher than the most recent ICS leak and brings along Sense 3.6 along with Android 4.0.3, but without an official release statement we can’t be 100 percent certain this is indeed the final build AT&T and HTC intended to deliver to users. You can test your luck and see about giving the new software a spin by performing the dialer trick and waiting for that sweet treat to arrive.
- HTC Vivid’s Ice Cream Sandwich Update B
- Android 4.0 for HTC Vivid Officially Rollling
- HTC Sensation, Sensation XE and Vivid Get ICS
- HTC Velocity (HTC Vivid) Receives Ice Cream S
- Check out the HTC Vivid forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Vivid