The bounty for root on the Sony Tablet S can finally be awarded after a Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss) has come up with a rather simple (for the end user) 1-click root method. Rooting is as easy as running a running a fully automated “run.bat” file on a Windows machine and kicking back.
The Sony Tablet S now joins the ranks of Android’s elite “root family,” making custom ROMs and software tweaks a reality. Providing, development persists. The easy how-to can be found below for those interested. As always, root with caution and if something goes wrong, you have no one to blame but yourself.
You can root your device with the following steps:
Like most root methods, it’s good until Sony, God forbid, patches up the exploit, so, in the meantime, you may want to stay clear of any OTA updates that may push to your device in the near future. That is, if root is a priority for you.
- Sony Tablet S gets feature-adding upgrade in
- Sony’s new PlayStation Mobile content c
- Sony begins rollout of Android 4.0 for Tablet
- Sony Tablets Get Android 4.0 Update In April
- Check out the Sony Tablet S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Tablet S