Though the Advent Vega ships with a version of Android better suited for mid-range handsets than any decent tablet, for its price you really can’t complain. Combine your thrifty nature with a bit of technical wherewithal and the Vega is easily up to speed with the big boys. After Honeycomb was first ported to the budget dual-core tablet back in the Spring, the latest release of the OS has been shoehorned onto the slate, complete with native GPU acceleration. There are still some bugs in this unofficial Android 3.2 build, as should be expected, but weighing your options that seems better than nothing. You can check out the ROM and instructions at the the Tablet Roms source link below.
- Things We Missed, You Shouldn’t [Jan. 2
- As Advent Vega Stock is Replenished, Manufact
- Tablet Friday: Notion Ink Adam Easter Eggs Re
- Tablet Tuesday: Binatone HomeSurf 8 Hits FCC,
- Check out the Advent Vega forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Advent Vega