When we first heard of the Notion Ink Adam we were hoping it’d eventually get Android 3.0. Unfortunately Google’s limiting who can get a fully-licensed version of the tablet-specific software and is electing not to release the source code. Folks are tired of waiting and have taken it upon themselves to port Honeycomb to the device. Don’t jump for joy jet yet, though – it’s not the least bit ready for primetime.
The video of the port above shows extreme sluggishness and unresponsive controls. There likely won’t be a stable port until Google decides to release the source code for Android 3.0. If you’re growing tired of your Adam and are feeling brave enough, though, head over to Tablet Roms to get your own taste. (Or at least follow the discussion to see what progress is being made.) [Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]
- Notion Ink releases ICS beta for the Adam
- Notion Ink Testing ICS for Adam Tablet, Tease
- Notion Ink Provides Alpha ICS Source For Its
- Notion Ink Said to be Bringing Ice Cream Sand
- Check out the Notion Ink Adam forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Notion Ink Adam