Well this is certainly unexpected. The HTC Droid Eris for Verizon (remember the one that isn’t getting Android 2.2 Froyo and that seemed relegated to its current firmware) is receiving an OTA software update. We shouldn’t have to tell you it isn’t Froyo, but it does boost the software version to 2.41.605.6 and the radio to 2.42.01.04.27. The list of enhancements and tweaks includes:
- Improved Bluetooth connection to Mercedes-Benz E350 automobiles (random much?)
- New Twitter authentication
- Visually improved Received Signal Strength Indicator
- Pre-loaded Visual Voice Mail
- Sync-able Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 calendars
- MMS can now be sent with or without text, and devices on other carriers will now receive multimedia messages
As you can see from the above list, not a whole lot going for this update to get you too excited, but improvements it brings nonetheless. Anyone receive it yet?