I’m not even sure why this needed to be reported, but apparently someone needed a surefire confirmation: the HTC Droid Eris from Verizon will not be getting an upgrade to Android 2.2. After a lengthy waiting period for the upgrade to Android 2.1, poor sales, and the phone’s eventual death by being put on Verizon’s end-of-life list, no one should be surprised that the Droid Eris won’t be getting Android 2.2
Other phones you can probably expect to get passed on by: the HTC Hero, Motorola Devour and other BLUR devices still on 1.5 (or released in 2009 and recently upgraded to 2.1), just to name a few. While we’d love to live in a perfect world where every device will support every upgrade dished out by Google for ages to come, that’s just not realistic. The line has to be drawn eventually, and at least for the Droid Eris, that line is very clear.
[via Computer World]
- Google Search testing Chat feature for businesses
- Nexus 6 launching March 12th with VoLTE baked in
- Moto 360 coming to Moto Maker in March
- Samsung debuts 128GB UFS storage
- Check out the HTC Droid Eris forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Droid Eris