Though CyanogenMod 7 has been running around as nightly builds for various handsets for the past few weeks, today we can finally relax and take peace in knowing that a public beta is now also available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Regardless of if sales are “small” or “smooth” and oblivious to a return rate that may be below 2 percent or as high as 15 percent, the ROM for rooted tabs brings Android 2.3 Gingerbread to the 7-inch slate.
As it is a beta, you install at your own risk. It isn’t 100 percent functional. Of course, as stated previously, you will need root, but you will also need to own a tab that meets the following criteria: “GSM (Euro, US ATT/TMO tabs, with JJ4 or other unprotected bootloaders that can run Euro ROMs and P1_add_hidden partitioning.” More info at the source link below.
- Could this be Samsung’s 11.6″ Gal
- Flurry: Kindle Fire closes in on Galaxy Tab a
- Rumor: Galaxy S, Tab to Get “Value Pack
- Samsung Evaluating Feasibility of Getting And
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Tab