We just saw yesterday that Sony Ericsson is going above and beyond the call of multi-touch with the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc, but lest you forget, the company also decided after a long period of waffling that they would indeed implement multi-touch support into the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. If you recall, that phone was said to not be able to support multi-touch for a combination of software and hardware reasons, which is exactly why the update that will begin rolling out this week for NTT DoCoMo in Japan doesn’t enable much more than pinch-to-zoom. It isn’t guaranteed to work in all third-party apps, either.
It’s more than nothing, and a lot more than SE originally said would be possible, so let’s not look to harshly on the update. There is no timeframe for when it may make it to other corners of the world, so like with the Android 2.1 update for the X10 it is probably best to sit tight.
- Official: Gingerbread Now Rolling Out for the
- Sony Ericsson: Despite Earlier Reports, Xperi
- [Update] Android 2.3.3 Update Available for t
- Xperia X10 Gingerbread Update Coming Along We
- Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10