Samsung’s looking to introduce a cable that will send video signal through the microUSB cable and convert it to HDMI for easy viewing on your HDTVs. Previously, the Galaxy S phones were only able to do video-out through the 3.5mm headphone jack, but it wasn’t the best solution for those with widescreen and high definition television sets.
This new cable – something I didn’t think was a technical possibility – will allow you to watch your content on your TV at a comfortable aspect ratio (and presumably at a comfortable resolution, as well). It’ll be launching “soon” for $50 – quite the bargain for such a desirable product.
The cable will be compatible with all Galaxy S smartphones including the now-available Samsung Vibrant and Samsung Captivate (T-Mobile and AT&T respectively). Check out the product site for more information.
- Device encryption requirements lifted
- Hands-on: HTC One M9 Help app
- 9 HTC One M9 Themes
- New Android Pay details arrive
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Vibrant forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.