When Google said Nexus One users should expect an update for Android 2.2 within the coming weeks, we didn’t think they’d get started so soon. MG Siegler from TechCrunch is reporting that his phone was pinged late last night to download an update OTA.
After receiving his late night snack, Siegler wondered if anyone else was receiving the OTA: he was only able to track down a few reports of others able to grap the update. Wondering if this was a mistake, he contacted Google to check in on the status of others receiving Froyo. They confirmed to him that this was the beginning of the official rollout, but it’ll be a slow and staggered process which will eventually be finished over the next few weeks.
Great news for you Nexus One owners who probably weren’t expecting to see Froyo out for at least another couple of weeks. Now we just need HTC to give us a more definitive timeline for Froyo on their other Sense-enabled devices.
- HTC: Samsung uses key component supply as a c
- On to the next One: HTC’s new direction
- Nexus One revived for NASA’s PhoneSat p
- Google Nexus-powered Strand-1 satellite ready
- Check out the Nexus One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Nexus One