We first heard about the Motorola Calgary WAY before any mention of the Sholes, Tao or Droid ever occurred. At one point it was the Calgary – NOT the Droid – that was destined to be the first Android Phone for Verizon. We’re not sure how or why that changed but it did, however it won’t change the fact that the phone will still land on Big Red’s lineup. And the latest rumors are that it will touch down as the Motorola Devour A555.
The specs from back then still seem like they’ll be accurate and the bottom line is this is a lighter version of the Motorola Droid probably meant for the less tech obsessed. In my opinion, more suitable for the teenage crowd.
The big news here is that the Motorola Devour is rumored to launch with Android 2.1, something the Motorola Droid doesn’t even have yet. We’re hoping and guessing a launch would come 1Q but that’s just our own speculation. We’ve got our eyes on this for you…
- Verizon Giving Away the Motorola Devour Free
- Verizon Announces Pre-Paid Data Plans for 3G
- Motorola Updates Upgrade Timeline, The Wait C
- Motorola Devour to Receive Update Tomorrow, N
- Check out the Motorola Calgary forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola Devour forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.