Netflix has several different plans that users can choose from when subscribing to the service. These plans are priced differently and offer different features such as the quality of the stream, how many devices it can be streamed to at once, and so on.
So, if you’re a current subscriber who would like to either upgrade their plan to accommodate more users or to enjoy a higher quality stream, or someone looking to downgrade from a higher tier to a lower and more affordable tier, then this is what you need to do.
Netflix’s current plans
According to Netflix, these are the plans that they are offering at the moment. Take note that this might vary from region to region, with some regions offering a mobile-only plan, while some have an ad-supported plan.
Changing your Netflix plan
- Log into your Netflix account
- Next to “Plan Details”, click “Change plan”
- Select the plan that you want to change to and then click “Continue”
- Click on “Confirm Change” if you’re sure
Take note that depending on whether you’re upgrading or downgrading, the changes may or may not happen immediately. According to Netflix, upgrading a plan comes into effect right away so that you can enjoy all the added features like higher quality streams and simultaneous streams.
For those who are downgrading, the changes will only take place on the next billing cycle, so you can enjoy your current plan until then.
- How to change the appearance of subtitles on Netflix
- How to play Netflix Games on Android
- How to view, download, and hide your Netflix watch history
- How to host a Netflix Watch Party with your friends
- How to cancel your Netflix subscription