The fact is that the COVID-19 pandemic is currently ongoing. As more people get infected, Google is making testing and immunizations more accessible to them via Search, and the most recent update adds at-home COVID-19 tests.
Google announced on Thursday that COVID-19 is now available through Search in a variety of ways. Its most recent option enables users to look for and purchase home test kits in stores, as well as details on nearby testing. This month, the functionality will be accessible on Search.
According to Google, searches for at-home COVID-19 testing jumped by 170 percent in May, indicating that there is a clear need for this sort of information to be widely available to users.
The advantage of at-home COVID-19 tests is that they don’t require an appointment and you can buy numerous tests at once. This way, you’ll always have them on hand if you suspect you’ve been exposed or if you’re planning on attending a large event where you think you’ll be with a lot of people.
It’s always good to remind folks who are going to large events of the fundamentals of stopping the spread of Covid in order to keep everyone around us safe.
- Maintain at least 2 metres (around 6 feet) away from other people you don’t live with,
- wash your hands properly, and frequently
- wear a face mask in crowded places outdoors and when moving around in public indoor spaces
- cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve – throw away used tissues and wash your hands.
- wherever possible, meet folks outside
- When you have visitors, let fresh air in by opening windows, doors, and air vents as often as possible.
- Wipe items and surfaces which other people touch.