Now that the OnePlus 10 Pro has been launched, we’re sure that quite a number of you might have gotten it. If you have bought the phone through your local carrier, there’s a chance that your carrier might have locked your phone’s SIM card to prevent you from taking it to a different network or selling it off while your contract is still active.
The good news is that you don’t need to wait 2-3 years for your contract to expire before you can get the SIM card unlocked. Below, we will be listing a couple of different methods that you can use if you are interested in unlocking the SIM of your OnePlus 10 handset.
One of the methods will be free and can be done through your carrier, but as there are certain requirements your carrier might have, this might not work all the time. But in case it fails, there is a second method that uses Android SIM Unlock’s services which will cost you a little bit of money, but works better, especially for newer handsets.
Unlocking through your carrier
Free is obviously great and most carriers will usually be fine unlocking the SIM of your phone, but they typically do have certain criteria you’ll have to meet as a customer before they do so. This includes:
- You need to be in good standing with your carrier, meaning that you don’t have any outstanding bills and that the contract with your carrier for the phone has expired
- You’ll also need to make sure that you have owned the device for at least 60-90 days
Assuming you meet those requirements, then the process of unlocking the SIM is pretty easy, just follow the steps below:
- On your OnePlus 10 Pro handset, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to pull up your phone’s IMEI number
- Write the IMEI number down somewhere so you can refer to it later
- Call your carrier and request for your SIM unlock code
- You will probably be asked to provide the IMEI for the OnePlus 10 Pro
- If you meet all the requirements that we mentioned above, the SIM unlock code will be sent to the email address you provided in the next 2-5 days.
- Once you’ve received your code, swap out the SIM with a SIM from another carrier
- Enter the SIM unlock code that you received in your email when prompted and you’re set!
Different carriers may have different requirements, so your best bet would be to call them ahead of time to find out what they need from you before they will unlock the SIM of your phone. Assuming they agree to it, then the steps above should be the same.
Android SIM Unlock
That being said, seeing as the OnePlus 10 Pro is still new (at this time of writing), there is a chance your carrier might reject your request to unlock the SIM for you for free, which is understandable
If that is the case, then you’ll need to use a SIM unlocking service such as Android SIM Unlock. You’ll have to pay a small fee but it won’t be too expensive.
- On your OnePlus 10 Pro phone, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to get the device’s IMEI number
- Write the IMEI number down
- Go to Android SIM Unlock’s website
- Enter your device’s IMEI number
- Complete the checkout process with your payment and contact information
- Once payment is made, you should then receive the OnePlus 10 Pro’s unlock code either through SMS or email
- The moment you’ve received your code, you can then swap out the SIM on your phone with a SIM from another carrier
- You should be prompted to enter the SIM unlock code that you received in your email, and once you’ve done that, you should be good to go
At this point we’d like to note that unlocking the SIM on your OnePlus 10 Pro does not release you from any contractual obligations you might have with your carrier. Unlocking the SIM simply means that you will have more freedom to swap SIM cards around, which is great if you’re traveling and want to use a local SIM instead of paying roaming fees.
- How to SIM Unlock the OnePlus Nord N100
- How to SIM unlock the OnePlus Nord N10 5G
- How to SIM unlock the OnePlus Nord N200 5G