When it comes to buying low or mid-range smartphones, sometimes the higher priority would be placed on the price, and how you want to get the best bang for your buck. Unfortunately, as a way to keep costs down, certain features are not included that you might expect from a high-end flagship.
With the Poco X3 Pro, it seems that wireless charging was one of the features the company had to “sacrifice” in order to keep costs down. If you are a huge proponent of wireless charging but feel that the specs and value that the X3 Pro is simply too good to pass up, who says you can’t have both?
If you’re willing to spend a little bit extra, you might be interested to hear that you can actually purchase some third-party accessories that will give your phone wireless charging capabilities. Sounds good? Then read on to find out what you’ll need to get started.
How to give wireless charging to the Poco X3 Pro
In order to give your Poco X3 Pro wireless charging, there are essentially two things you’ll need:
- A wireless charging adapter
- A wireless charger
While Poco is a popular phone, it seems that they aren’t just popular enough for accessory makers to create dedicated accessories for it. This is versus phones from Apple or Samsung where there are actually third-party wireless charging cases for them.
Instead, with Poco you will have to turn to wireless charging adapters, like those from Yking and Olixar. These wireless charging adapters plug directly into the USB-C port of the phone and essentially transfers the energy from the wireless charging coils to your device.
In a way, it’s almost like an external wireless charger of sorts, and setting it up is a piece of cake:
- Once you’ve gotten your wireless charging adapter, unpack it
- Plug it into the USB-C port of the Poco X3 Pro
- Place your phone on top of a wireless charging mat and you’re all set
- ☑️ 2000 mAh fast QI wireles charging receiver for for Samsung Galaxy A72 / A71 / A70 / A60 / A52 / A51 / A50 / A40 / A30 - Huawei P40 / P30 / P20 / P10 / p20 lite / nova 7 mate / 20 lite / 20 -...
- ☑️ FAST CHARGE WIRELESS RECEIVER - 5V/2000 mAh provide wireless charge which is much the fastest you can get from Qi wireless charging on the market. (use the fast charging wall charger up to 2A...
- ☑️ Android Type-C wireless receiver adapter. QI compatible wireless charging pad is required. Just place device on the pad and you are free to enjoy your wireless and limitless charging experience...
- [Universal Compatibility] Works with all USB-C devices. Upgraded to work with all Samsung A-Range devices to charge wirelessly with any Qi Wireless charger!
- [Charge With Adapter Hidden In Case] The Qi Wireless Charging Adapter is able to charge your phone even when a case is on your phone. As long as the transmission distance doesn't exceed 5mm, your USB...
- [Easy To Fit, Does What It Says] The Olixar Ultra Thin USB-C Qi Wireless Charging Adapter enables wireless charging on any of your USB-C devices. Simply connect the adapter to your device via the...
If you’re not a fan of the adapter dangling outside, depending on the model and also depending on your smartphone case, you can actually slip it inside of the case for your phone. Assuming you don’t take the case off, it’s almost as if the Poco X3 Pro has marginally gained wireless charging capabilities.
The best part is that because it’s removable, you will have the option of removing it whenever you need, so the choice is entirely up to you.
Now like we said, in addition to the adapter, you will also need a charging mat or pad. There are several that we have listed below that are pretty affordable and won’t break the bank, so take a look if you’re interested.
- ZealSound Wireless Charging Pad
- QI-EU Wireless Charger, 3 in 1 Wireless Charging Station
- Anker Wireless Charger, PowerWave Pad Qi-Certified 10W
Note: this article may contain affiliate links that help support our authors and keep the Phandroid servers running.