Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms these days, sucking up most of our free time and feeding us a constant dose of content to keep us entertained. If you happen to lose or forget your password, you’ll be cut off from the platform. The popularity of the platform also makes Instagram a prime target for hackers or even your acquaintances who may want to gain access to your account for personal or financial gain.
Fortunately, resetting your Instagram password is a family simple process. If you’re locked out of your account, we’ve put together simple instructions on how to reset your Instagram password and regain access to your account in minutes.
Why reset your Instagram password?
Below is a list of common reasons why you may need to reset or recover your Instagram Password. , which is only possible by following the right reset procedure.
- Unique password: A good reason to reset your Instagram password is to ensure that it is unique and isn’t used on any of your other online accounts. With data breaches becoming quite common these days, a reused password for one online account can lead to unintended vulnerability if that same password is used elsewhere.
- Simple password: Setting a strong password (using upper and lower case letters, numbers, and social characters) makes it virtually impossible for your Instagram password to be hacked.
- Forgotten password: Forgetting your Instagram password is the most common reason why you may need to reset your Instagram password.
How to reset your Instagram Password
The following options are available from the browser or the Instagram app if you are trying to log into your account but have forgotten the last password you’ve used or if you simply want to change your current Instagram password. Please ensure to choose a strong password with at least 8-10 characters that include lower and upper-case letters, numbers, and at least one special character.
Reset forgotten Instagram Password
- Open the Instagram app or visit Instagram.com
- Click on the “forgot password” link
- Entering your username, email ID, or phone number associated with your Instagram account
- Click on the “Send log-in link”
- You will receive and email or text message from Instagram with a password reset link
- Click the Instagram password reset link and follow the instructions to reset your password
Change current Instagram Password
- Open your Instagram account in the app from the browser
- Tap the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner
- Tap Settings > Security > Password
- Enter your current password and then the new Instagram password you want to set for your account
- Once you have changed your Instagram password, tap the check icon in the top right corner.
NOTE: It’s a good idea to reset or change your Instagram password on a regular basis to ensure that your account is safe and secure. Never share your password with friends or family members and do not click on random Instagram password reset emails or text messages if you did not request a password reset for your account.
- 5 tips and tricks to grow your Instagram account in 2020
- How to temporarily disable or suspend your Instagram account
- How to post GIFs to Instagram
- How to automate your Instagram feed
- How to use Instagram Stories [GUIDE]