Sometimes or at least for a maximum of once per week you might just want to temporarily shut off your Instagram feed. The floods of notifications might be getting you down or the abundance of free watch collab offers are just too hard to keep track of. Either way, if you choose to temporarily disable your Instagram account, your profile, photos, comments and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in.
Here’s how to temporarily disable your account:
- Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app.
- Tap or click your profile picture in the top right and then select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down, then tap or click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your password. The option to disable your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu and entered your password.
- Tap or click Temporarily Disable Account.
You’ll need to be able to log into your account to temporarily disable it. If you can’t remember your password or username, see some tips for logging in.