At the moment, Google Stadia is not officially available on the iPhone. This is largely due to Apple’s rules which made it almost impossible for such services to launch on the iOS platform. The company has made some changes to its App Store rules that opens the door for game streaming services, but they are still pretty strict and restrictive, so we’re not sure when we’ll start seeing these services launch.
That being said, if you are a Google Stadia user who wants to play Stadia games on their iPhone, you’re in luck because thanks to a post on Reddit by u/zmknox, it seems that they have discovered a workaround that will get Stadia up and running on your iPhone. If this sounds like something you might be interested in, then read on to find out what you need to do to start playing Stadia games on your iOS device.
How to stream Stadia games on your iPhone
- Download and install the Stadium browser app
- Set the primary URL of the browser to https://stadia.google.com/home
- Set the user agent to Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/85.0.4183.83 Safari/537.36
- Set the Override Custom User Agent String to Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15
- Tap on the icon with three dots and select Authenticate and go to https://accounts.google.com/
- Sign in with your Google account and you’re good to go
- Now whenever you want to play Stadia, just launch the Stadium browser and select your game and you’re off to the races!
In terms of compatible controllers, it seems that pretty much any MFi controller will work with Stadia running on the iPhone, including the Xbox One S and Elite Series 2 controllers, and Sony’s DualShock 4 controllers. For those hoping to use the Google Stadia controller, it seems that for now, you’d be out of luck as Google appears to have some kind of settings that stops it from working on iOS devices.
- 【2-Way Connection-Bluetooth 4.0 / Wired】 A. Bluetooth 4.0 Connection - Easily pairs with the Switch/mobile phone/iPad/PC...
- 【Compatibility & 15H Gameplay】 The Bluetooth controller is compatible with Nintendo Switch/ Lite/ OLED Consoles, Windows...
- 🎮 Universal Compatibility: T4 Pro Wireless Game Controller Comes with Phone Bracket. It supports Android phones and...
- 🎮 Vibrant RGB Backlighting: The semi-transparent cover of T4 Pro controller is treated with a matte finish, and its...
- THE ONLY MFI CONTROLLER WITH L3 R3: RiotPWR offers the ONLY MFI certified gamepad controller on the market with L3 R3...
- LAG AND LATENCY FREE: Experience uninterrupted gameplay with no lag time or latency with our wired controller. Be able to...
While this is hardly an official or maybe long-term solution, it is one of the easiest and cleanest workarounds we’ve seen. We imagine that it’s only a matter of time before Stadia launches on iOS officially, but for now, if you absolutely have to play Stadia on your iPhone, then this is what you need to do.
Note: this article may contain affiliate links that help support our authors and keep the Phandroid servers running.