Samsung and AT&T are gearing up to announce the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active soon. We’ve seen early renders of the device in camo-doused colors, and now @evleaks has delivered another shot of the thing in a more traditional color scheme of gray/black.
But that’s not all — the Samsung Galaxy S6’s full spec sheet is already sitting on Samsung’s own website, and it reveals everything we need to know about the device. The early takeaway is that rumors that this was going to be more like an enhanced Samsung Galaxy S5 were wrong.
This thing has all the same internals as the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge we’ve reviewed, except it houses all of them in a rugged case that can take a beating. Unfortunately it does lack a fingerprint sensor, but we imagine that sacrifice was necessary for a device that can potentially find itself submerged in water for long periods of time.
Otherwise, here’s the phone you can expect to get once it’s finally made official:
- 5.1-inch 2560 x 1440 Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Exynos 7420 chipset (2.1GHz and 1.5GHz cores)
- 32GB of UFS 2.0 storage (and we’re also hearing there will be a microSD slot, though the site doesn’t mention it)
- 16MP rear camera with 4K video recording, 5MP front camera
- Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi ac Dual-Band MIMO, GPS, NFC, Heart Rate Sensor, Infrared Blaster
- 5.65 x 2.78 x 0.27 inches , 138g
- 2,550mAh battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
With it appearing on Samsung’s own support site it’s only a matter of time before we see some official details. In the meantime let us know if you’ll be saving some coin to grab this one over the more stylish (yet less durable) originals.
[Update]: Someone must be in trouble. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Active page is no longer available for viewing.