October is now in the rear view, and the crazy holiday shopping season is approaching quickly. As the holiday sales start popping up you’re going to want to know what Android phones are best. We’ve got you covered. Here are the best Android phones available for the month of November.
5. LG G3
Moving down from the second place spot is the trusty LG G3. For the 5th spot it was a toss-up between the S5, HTC One M8, and LG G3. We gave the G3 the slight edge for its awesome display, slim bezels, and much improved Android interface. The G3 is starting to feel like old news, but you still can’t go wrong with this surprisingly good device.
Coming in at fourth place is the very attractive Sony Xperia Z3. We love the Z3 for its premium metal design and very powerful hardware. The Z3 also sports a sneakily awesome feature: waterproof construction. It will allow you to take great photos all day with excellent battery life, and your photos will be safe if you drop it in the pool.
3. Samsung Galaxy Note 4
The brand spanking new Galaxy Note 4 became available last month, which makes it a great choice going into the holiday season. The Note 4 might be the best Note since the original. It has many of the same features that were introduced on the Galaxy S5, but with a better build quality, and updated S Pen input. The only thing holding this phablet back from second place is Touchwiz.
2. Nexus 6
Moving from the “Rumor Mill” to second place in our list is the long-rumored Nexus 6. If you were lucky enough you will be receiving your Nexus 6 in the next few weeks. This is arguably the best Nexus phone to ever be made, and it’s definitely the most powerful, but one thing held it back from the top spot: size. Not everyone will want a device this big (and it is really big).
For the second straight month the Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) tops our list. With all the new devices coming out in the past month this phone has been forgotten, but we still love it. The software is nearly stock Android, you can get the hardware in any color or material you want, and it’s still one of the most nicely sized devices. Motorola made some really nice improvements over the original Moto X, which will keep this device on our list for a while.
1. Motorola DROID Turbo – The newest device on our list didn’t make the Top 5 for one crucial reason: Verizon exclusivity. That’s a shame, because so far we really like the DROID Turbo.
2. Nexus 5 – Google’s last generation Nexus device is still high on our honorable mention list because it will be getting Android Lollipop very soon. If you don’t like the behemoth Nexus 6 this is still a great device.
3. HTC One M8 – Our beloved HTC One M8 finally dropped out of the Top 5 this month, but it’s still an excellent choice for anyone. The design and build are great, and the software is top-notch.
4. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – A dark horse in the Android world right now is this small, but very powerful, variant of the Xperia Z3. If you’re looking for something that can easily fit in your skinny jeans this is the no-compromise small phone.
5. Samsung Galaxy S5 – Another phone that dropped out of the Top 5 is the trusty Galaxy S5. We’ve been hard on the GS5 in the past, but there is no denying it is a very capable Android phone. There are better options available, but you still can’t go wrong.
Coming at us very soon will be the HTC Desire EYE. This device is named for the 13MP camera on the front of the device. It’s the ultimate phone for taking selfies. Other specs include a 5.2-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 801, and 2400mAh battery. It’s a solid mid-range device with a nice pair of cameras. Later this month it will be available from AT&T for $149.99 with a new two-year contract.
The rumor mill has run dry this month, but there is one device that popped up in the news last month.
Samsung’s “next big thing” seems to always be on the horizon. Nevermind the great devices they have for sale right now. What’s next?! That device will, of course, be the GS6. A new report claims Samsung will be designing the S6 from scratch. Samsung has been dabbling with new designs with devices like the Galaxy Alpha. The Galaxy S line is in desperate need of a new look. We hope the Galaxy S6 changes the game again.
We don’t have room for every Android device to be on our list, but Amazon sure does. They are constantly ranking the best phones based on what people are buying. Here are the best sellers that we haven’t already mentioned above.
What Say You?
Now is a very exciting time to be looking for a new Android phone. The new Nexus has been announced, the DROID is back, phablets have never been hotter, and Motorola is quietly making some of the best devices. How did we do with our rankings? How would you rank the best Android phones right now? Let us know in the comments below!