Oovoo, one of the most popular video chat services you can find, has updated its Android app to add great new functionality. The app now allows you to view four different video streams simultaneous.
This means you can keep your eyes on more of your friends at the same time. You still get twelve-way groups, but the rest of the folks you don’t want to see will unfortunately be confined to text chat.
Other new changes include a widget, deeper Android integration such as showing missed Oovoo calls in the dialer, or showing which of your contacts is available for a call.
Push notifications make their debut here, and they’ve added support for even more devices. More changes, like localization for Mandarin Chinese, Italian, and Spanish, are all welcome additions. Read on for full press details and find the new app in the Google Play Store here.
ooVoo QUADRUPLES SOCIAL VIDEO-CHAT FUN WITH RELEASE OF FREE iOS, ANDROID FOUR-SCREEN MULTI-PARTY MOBILE VIDEO-CHAT APPS
ooVoo Goes Ultra-Mobile with Must-Have Features for Social Video-Chat
NEW YORK, (August 21, 2012) – ooVoo, the fastest-growing and largest independent social video-chat provider with 54 million registered subscribers, today unleashed free iOS and Android apps that let subscribers easily include more of their friends in all their fun…wherever and whenever they wish.
As the leader in group video-chat, ooVoo’s new mobile apps are the only major communications product offering users four simultaneous video streams at once on mobile devices, and hosting a total of up to 12 participants on one call, for free! ooVoo’s free apps for mobile devices offer more flexibility and several industry-first social video-chat features that raise the bar for connected fun.
ooVoo is the go-to place for free group video-chat, and no one matches ooVoo’s capabilities, quality and fun. The new ooVoo product upgrades across mobile platforms allow users to:
– Host four simultaneous video streams at once on screen – for free – on iOS or Android mobile devices in high quality (over 240 devices supporting 4-way)
– Gain deep integration into the native Android address book using the Google Social API
– Take advantage of ooVoo’s Android widget that shows online friends, missed calls and enables one-touch chat session starts plus calls straight from their phone or tablet home screen
– Enjoy the first optimized, multi-party communications experience for new, high-speed LTE
– Stay always available — the new ooVoo mobile app provides subscribers with push notifications, making them always on and always reachable
– Text chat with anyone during a video call on both iOS and Android
– Get improvements to the user experience that make ooVoo easier and fun to use
“Multi-party video-chat is the most social thing one can do on mobile, and with the launch of ooVoo’s four-screen mobile apps we’re creating an easy and free way to let more friends get together, participate and be a part of each other’s worlds – which bring us all closer together,” said Jay Samit, president of ooVoo. “ooVoo is the marriage of communications and social. ooVoo gives everyone the ability to share experiences with friends as they happen regardless of location or device.”
Starting today, the free ooVoo updates are available for immediate download from iPhone App Store and Google Play.