Don’t take this without a grain of salt (as some of you mistakenly did when we reported about the HTC Droid Incredible’s supposed OTA) but the Motorola Droid X may be getting an OTA sometime today. Version 1.13.604.en.US was pushed out about a week back, but the device had only been released to reviewers, DroidLanding contest winners, and a few lucky customer care preorderers (with only a small percentage of people in those groups combined actually receiving the OTA).
If Droid-Life is correct, that update could be here today (note the emphasis on the world “could”). Not unlike anything before, this rumored window may come and go, so don’t get too happy until you see that nice little pop-up on your device letting you know that an update is ready to be installed.
A user at Android Central‘s forums has found a .pdf file containing the changelog for the update. While it’s nothing too special, the bucket full of bug fixes and other minor enhancements should be enough to make anyone happy that’s been having any of the problems it addresses.
- Improved battery charging status indicator.
- Smoother transition for camera and camcorder functions.
- Redesign of weather widget icons.
- Faster Exchange ActiveSync® email loading.
- Streamlined organization of newly downloaded applications.
- Organized favorite contacts by call count.
- Updated Bluetooth® connection for enhanced video sharing experience.
- Coordinated date and time across phone displays.
- Cleaner looking status bar for GPS symbol.
- Improved sync capabilities for 3G Mobile Hotspot.
- Faster Visual Voice Mail loading.