Are you an experienced tech writer? Love Android and looking for an awesome full-time job? Bomb shell: we want to pay someone to write full time about everything Android-related! Interested? Please read EVERY DETAIL of this post before submitting an application – attention to detail is crucially important.
Who/what we’re looking for:
- Full-Time Writer/Editor
- Overall tech knowledge with thorough and specific understanding of both Android’s history and current happenings
- Experience: anyone can apply, but those with proven writing/blogging experience preferred
- Location: USA-based preferred, East Coast or Baltimore/DC area a perk, but when push comes to shove EXPERIENCE and proven ability to fulfill the job expectations are much more important criteria than location.
- Age: must be 18+
- Ability to identify newsworthy and noteworthy items that qualify for Phandroid coverage
- Ability to pump out quality, accurate articles at lightning speeds
- Ability to write in-depth application and device reviews with an informative and entertaining style
- Ability/comfort in creating video reviews of applications, devices, events, etc…
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while multi-tasking effectively
What you’ll get:
- Monthly compensation based on experience
- Bonuses based on article quantity, quality and exposure
- Access to pre-released Android devices and applications
- Opportunity to travel to events as press in order to provide coverage
- HUGE opportunity for growth
Let me make something EXTREMELY clear… Full-Time means Full-Time. This is NOT an easy “work-at-home job” where you can relax, casually spending your time blogging at your convenience. We’re looking for a go-getter who wants to go above and beyond the expectations. We’re looking for someone who takes pride in their work and wants to spend as much time as possible helping Phandroid become the greatest website on the planet.
We all have social lives – after all we need somewhere to use all those social networking apps – but we want to find someone DEDICATED to and MOTIVATED in taking Phandroid to the next level.
How to apply:
- Send an E-Mail to jobs[at]phandroid[dot]com
- Copy and paste “Full-Time Writer/Editor” in the subject line… without the quotes
- Tell us your name, age, location and a little bit about yourself
- Tell us your work history and why you are perfect for the job
- Tell us how much time each week you can dedicate to Phandroid
- Copy/Paste/Link us (no attachments) to 1-3 related writing samples in the Phandroid style (minus the typos)
- Convince us that you’re the “go-getter” we’re seeking!
- Please TAKE YOUR TIME in submitting your application – we’re looking for quality of applicants, not how quickly you can show your interest/urgency
We’re anticipating a large quantity of feedback and simply cannot respond to every applicant we get. We want to thank everyone in advance for their interest and we’ll follow up with potential candidates in the near future.