It’s been a good week for app releases on Android. Don’t believe me? Well, here’s another to throw into Google’s ever growing pile: Castle of Illusion (starring Mickey Mouse). Don’t let the main character fool you, this game isn’t only for kids. As one of the great platformers of the 16-bit era, Mickey Mouse and the Castle of Illusion will forever hold a special place in my heart as one of the most joyous — and frustrating — platformers of our time. Well, that time being the early 90’s.
– Play as Mickey Mouse in this reimagining of the classic Sega Genesis/Mega Drive game!
– Experience a world of wonder, brought to life with all-new graphics and magical adventures!
– Journey across five magical worlds filled with Mizrabel’s powerful minions!
– Complete hidden challenges to customize Mickey with classic costumes!
Today, it’s been given the full HD treatment, launching on a variety of home consoles with improved 3D graphics (as opposed to the 2D sprites from the original). It’s only now reaching mobile devices and while the $10 pricing may be a bit steep for some, there are many who paid upwards of $15 to download the game on the PS3/Xbox 360 only a few months ago.
Because it’s an actual paid title and not freemium, you wont be hounded to fork over real money for coins or in-game items in order to progress. Just old-school gameplay, old-school fun. We should note: old-school in reference to video games is often times synonymous with frustratingly difficult games, and Castle of Illusion is no different.
Should you be looking for something more geared towards the kiddies, I’d recommend visiting our Best Apps for Kids, Toddlers and Babies post here. For everyone else, download Castle of Illusion via the Google Play link below.
- Nexus 6 has a hidden RGB LED light
- 1TB of free Drive storage for new Chromebooks
- AT&T returns Nexus 6 stock over software bug
- Sprint Black Friday 2014