You might be chomping at the bit for a chance to buy the OnePlus One by now, especially after seeing our hands-on time with the device yesterday. Unfortunately it’s not so simple right now — only 100 units are currently available, and that’s only if you’re selected to smash your phone as part of the company’s controversial Smash the Past campaign.
Thankfully, OnePlus didn’t take long to let us know when, exactly, they expect things to pick up. Their latest forum post lays out some production details for those interested:
- Production of 64GB models will ramp up as more people seem to be interested in those than the base 16GB model. They won’t produce 64GB models to the detriment of availability for the 16GB model, though, so expect them to strike a key balance in production runs.
- A larger batch of 16GB devices will be available mid-to-late May, but you might still need to work hard to find an invite.
- A larger batch of 64GB devices will be available starting in June, but you might still need to work hard to find an invite.
- Availability will significantly increase in late June, and while you will still need an invite to purchase one they shouldn’t be too hard to come by.
Unfortunately there’s no timeline on when we can expect these devices to be available without an invite at all, though we imagine OnePlus will feed us more information by the time June comes to a close. We can’t really ask for much more out of OnePlus in terms of how open and honest they’ve been about this whole ordeal, because it’s a lot more than other companies are willing to share about their production schedules.
- OnePlus addresses touchscreen issues
- Cyanogen CEO: OnePlus would have only sold on
- Cyanogen OS 12 rollout resumes for OnePlus On
- OnePlus One gets $1 price cut
TAGS: OnePlus One