It’s phone announcement season, apparently, with yet another OEM looking to put on an event soon. Huawei is holding their own hoedown on May 7th, where we expect the company to reveal their Ascend P7, as well as a possible miniature version of it.
The Ascend P7 is Huawei’s most interesting flagship yet. It’s said to be coming with a 5-inch 1080p HD display, a 1.8GHz quad-core processor, 13 megapixel rear camera and and 8 megapixel front camera (yowza!), as well as a 2500mAh battery. You can also expect Huawei to push the bar on slimness, as they’ll be looking to continue their tradition of trimming phones beyond 7mm of girth.
And would you look at that — a new leak already gives us a clean look at the thing. The UI in the photo definitely suggests KitKat, as the Ascend P7 is flaunting those transparent system status bars and navigation bars quite proudly. Anything else we want to know about this phone will likely have to wait until next week.
- Huawei Ascend P7 official
- Motorola DROID Turbo now available from Verizon [VIDEO]
- Champagne gold Moto 360 now on Amazon
- Google Wallet even works at the Apple Store
- Check out the Huawei Ascend P7 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.