The road to KitKat has been a long one for Samsung Galaxy S4 owners on Verizon Wireless. Even though T-Mobile, Sprint, and more recently AT&T have updated their Galaxy S4s to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, those on Verizon have been left wanting. That changes today as the current latest version of Android is now officially rolling out to GS4s on Big Red.
Detailed in Verizon’s (and Samsung’s) official changelog, software build I545VRUFNC5 introduces a boatload of new goodies. Everything from enhancements to multi-window mode, ISIS Mobile Wallet (as well as the option to use Google Wallet instead), system-wide emoji, new keyboard, and so much more. Verizon mentions issues with the Samsung Knox app have also been ironed out, as well as general stability fixes all around.
A nice update indeed, and one that the Galaxy S4 has been sorely missing. You can find the full (ginormous) changelog via the Samsung Support link below. Happy updating!
- Android Lollipop on Galaxy S4
- Unlocked HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 + EYE Experience tomorrow
- HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 and EYE Experience in Europe
- T-Mobile pushes out software updates for HTC
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Android 4.4.2, KitKat, Samsung Galaxy S4