Rejoice, Galaxy S4 owners on the Now Network! Sprint is beginning to issue the upgrade to Android 4.4 KitKat, meaning you’ll be receiving goodies like the ART runtime, a built-in framework for translucent status bar, and the ability to easily switch between different SMS apps with ease.
Of course, the Samsung-specific changes aren’t quite so numerous as the South Korean company brought most of the important user-facing goods in the Android 4.3 upgrade. Those changes included new camera features, KNOX security and support for Samsung’s Galaxy Gear smart watch.
Sprint did have a few specific changes of their own, though:
- Prevention Information alert: Customers should no longer receive “Prevention Information – An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device. It may be safe to delete an application obtained from an unauthorized route. Check now?” alert messages on the device.
- Zact Mobile: Device now includes the Zact Mobile compatibility.
Aaaand that’s pretty much it. Not the most exciting affair in the world when it comes to new functionality, but it’s nice being on the latest and greatest software Google has to offer. You’ll be looking for version JDQ39.L720VPUFNAE, so head to the settings menu and hit that software upgrade button as soon as you can (but be sure to turn on WiFi and get a good charge on your battery before attempting the update).
- T-Mobile pushes out software updates for HTC
- Verizon HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.3 on Wednesday 9/10
- Verizon HTC One M7 receiving Android 4.4.3 this week
- HTC One M8 receives Android 4.4.3 on T-Mobile
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.